How Can I contribute?
- Click on the "Contribute an Item" tab above. This will take you to the contribution page.
- Select the kind of item you would like to upload, and
- Answer a few questions about the date of the item was created, names of the people represented in the item, and a brief statement of its importance to you.
Please give us the fullest answers that you can! The more information we have the more everyone else will have.
After submission, your contribution will be reviewed by to our curatorial team, who will then publish it to the site so long as it is appropriate!
Items to contribute
Items can be anything that you feel reveals something about the experiences of Springfield College during the COVID-19 pandemic. Springfield College is a community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators. It is also a physical space—the campus—within the City of Springfield. So your item can be anything that captures something about what it was like to be one of those people or to be in one of those places during this historical moment. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Photographs from campus or where you are now
- Communications to/from faculty, administrators, coaches, etc.
- Personal stories (text, video, or audio) about the uncertainties of being on campus
- Interviews with family or close relations with whom you’re spending this time
- Social media posts by you, your classmates, or other Springfield College connections
- Video recordings of your community that capture the effects of social distancing
Please note: though this is a digital repository, if there is a physical item that you believe should be in the collection (face mask, sign, handwritten notes, etc.), the Springfield College Archives is accepting items. Please contact the College Archivist, Jeffrey Monseau, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org/
Feel free to contact us about any questions or concerns.